Costa Mesa Laser Dentistry
Laser dentistry is quickly becoming a popular choice among most patients. It can be a precise and effective way to perform many dental procedures. If you consider yourself a bit of an anxious dental patient and are seeking extreme safety and comfort, laser dentistry is your best choice. It is estimated that 6 percent of general dentists own a laser for soft-tissue applications, and that number is expected to increase over time. Dr. Jeremy Jorgenson and his team of experts offer laser dentistry services at our Costa Mesa, CA office. We also offer a multitude of other dental services that will tackle your dental issues.
Laser Dentistry Services
Dental lasers can be used to perform a bunch of different services. It’s revolutionizing the industry and helping patients make easier decisions when it comes to what type of services they need.
Reduce the discomfort of canker and cold sores.
- Laser therapy can help to get rid of the pain caused by cold sores and fever blisters. The laser is concentrated light that zaps away the infection and can arrest the progression of the sore or blister, reducing pain and helping to heal faster as well.
- Expose partially erupted wisdom teeth.
- Remove muscle attachments that limit proper movement.
- Manage gum disease tissue during impressions for crowns or other procedures.
- Remove overgrown tissues cause by certain medications.
- Perform biopsy procedures.
- Remove inflamed gum tissues and aid in the treatment of gum disease.
- Remove or reshape gum and bone tissues during crown lengthening procedures.
- Help treat infections in root canals
- Speed up teeth whitening treatment
Benefits of Dental Lasers
As you can see, lasers can work wonders for your teeth. Lasers can do what other preventive and general dentistry procedures simply can’t. The benefits are aplenty:
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require stitches.
- Certain laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia.
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting of exposed blood vessels, therefore preventing blood loss.
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized.
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.
Schedule Your Appointment
To learn more about our laser dentistry services, please speak with our staff in Costa Mesa, CA, and schedule an appointment. We are happy to extend these fantastic dental services to our neighbors in Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Fountain Valley, Irvine, Huntington Beach and Garden Grove.