Dental Implants in Costa Mesa, CA
Are you frustrated with the daily struggles of adult tooth loss? If you are, you’re not alone. Millions of Americans experience the same difficulties. Ill fitting dentures, aging dental bridges, or missing spaces in the mouth can make every tasks like chewing, speaking, and even laughing and smiling difficult and embarrassing. But there is a solution. New dental implants from Advanced Dental Care could solve all of your tooth loss problems, permanently. A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to securely anchor a replacement dental crown or denture.
Dental implant restorations typically include:
- Removal of damaged tooth (if necessary)
- Preparation of jawbone with a bone grafting procedure (if necessary)
- Placement of titanium implant post
- Healing and fusion of implant and jaw bone (2-3 months)
- Placement of abutment (connecting piece)
- Placement of tooth restoration (dental crown or denture)
Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth, or an entire upper or lower row of teeth. The entire process can take several months from start to finish, but most of the time is devoted to the healing and integration of the implant with your natural bone structures.
Are Dental Implants Right For You?
The ideal candidate for a dental implant is in good general and oral health with healthy gum tissues free of periodontal disease and adequate bone in the jaw to support the implant. If your jawbone isn't thick enough, you may need bone grafting before you can have dental implant surgery. A bone graft can create a more solid base for your implant. Generally, dental implants can be used to restore the dental health of patients who:
- Have one or more missing teeth
- Have a jawbone that's reached full growth
- Have adequate bone to secure the implants (or can have a bone graft)
- Have healthy oral tissues
- Don't have health conditions that will affect the bone healing process
- Are unable or unwilling to wear dentures
- Want to improve eating and speech
- Are willing to commit several months to the process
Why Choose Dental Implants?
The most compelling reason for choosing dental implants to replace missing teeth is their ability to prevent bone loss. Of all your tooth replacement options, only dental implants can preserve the healthy jaw bone that’s lost when you lose your natural teeth. In this respect, they are also the only replacement solution which can prevent premature aging and the oral health problems that can accompany rapid facial bone resorption.
Costa Mesa Dental Implant Consultations
You can enjoy a new lease on life with dental implant tooth replacement. To permanently restore your natural smile and quality of life, schedule a personalized dental implants consultation with Dr. Jorgenson at Advanced Dental Care today. Costa Mesa implant dentist, Dr. Jorgenson, is highly qualified and now delivering quality dental care daily throughout Irvine, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, and the surrounding Orange County, CA communities.