Meet the Doctor Dr. Jeremy B. Jorgenson

Just Bad Breath or Halitosis

August 3, 2015

By Dr. Jeremy B. Jorgenson

What Causes Bad Breath?

Don't let bad breath get you down.

Bad breath is the unpleasant side effect of the active bacteria in our mouths, foods we eat, smoking/tobacco use, poor dental health, and other medical conditions. More often than not, bad breath can be kept under control by regular brushing and flossing, including after meals. If you notice you are experiencing bad breath more frequently, this may be a sign of an underlying issue such as periodontal (gum) disease, infection, dry mouth caused by medication or mouth breathing, or diseases including acid reflux, liver disorders, kidney disorders, diabetes, cancers, etc.

Bad Breath Treatment

Bad breath can be embarrassing for some and cause social anxiety and self-consciousness. The best way to combat any of these conditions is to maintain good health through diet, exercise, and regular visits to the dentist. Remember that brushing only cleans about 65% of your tooth surface and flossing can clean the other 35% your toothbrush can’t reach.  You should also brush your tongue each time you brush and floss. Try using a fluoridated toothpaste to get the best results. Don’t be afraid or embarrassed to talk to preventive dentist, Dr. Jorgenson, about these conditions. At Advanced Dental Care, your dedicated dental team will perform a thorough evaluation and talk to you about the possible causes of your symptoms to eliminate the cause of the problem. You can feel safe and open in our office. This is our line of work and we are most concerned with ensuring you are happy and healthy!

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

3033 Bristol Street, #AA, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA
Jeremy B Jorgenson, DDS Advanced Dental Care in Costa Mesa (714) 424-9099 (714) 424-9311